1. Install the Lumion plug-in for ArchiCAD
1.1: Please follow the instructions below to download and install the plug-in for your version of Lumion and ArchiCAD:
Download Link: Download Lumion LiveSync for ArchiCAD
2. Method A: LiveSync export
2.1: With Lumion LiveSync for ArchiCAD and Lumion 8.5 and newer, you can immediately set up a live, real-time visualization of your ArchiCAD 21 or 22 model:
If you are using an older version of Lumion, please see Method B below.
3. Method B: Lumion .DAE file export
3.1: Export a .DAE file from ArchiCAD as a Lumion Collada file (.DAE) using the Lumion LiveSync for ArchiCAD Export button in the palette:
3.2: Alternatively, use the Export as COLLADA file from the LiveSync menu:
3.3: If you are using an older version of the plug-in for ArchiCAD, please use the following command:
File -> Save as... -> Lumion Collada file (.DAE)
Make sure that you select the correct Lumion Collada file (.DAE) option:
3.4: Import the .DAE file in Lumion 5.7.2 or newer.
4. Tips & Troubleshooting
4.1: Why can't you see the model after importing and placing it in your Scene?
- The Insertion Point for the Imported Model in Lumion corresponds to the so-called Project Origin in ArchiCAD, i.e. 0,0,0.
- If a model is far away in Lumion, you need to move the model closer to the Project Origin, i.e. 0,0,0 in ArchiCAD, before exporting it to Lumion.
- There's more information about the Project Origin, the User Origin and the Edit Origin in ArchiCAD on this page:
- External Webpage: ArchiCAD Help Center: Far From Origin – Troubleshooting Guide
4.2: Why can't you assign a Lumion material to individual surfaces?
- Lumion will always combine surfaces that use the same material in ArchiCAD. If you want to assign a Lumion material to a specific surface, you must assign a unique material to that surface in ArchiCAD before importing the model.
4.3: What do you do if your Lumion Materials go missing after re-importing a model?
4.4: How do you replace imported objects with Library objects?